Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Friday 23 December 2016

sbrilluccicante

I wish you all a "sbrilluccicante" Christmas time! This pattern is my xmas gift for you all, I hope you like it!
💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

That's an Italian word, it means shiny and bright and glittering and sparkling... Treccani Vocabolary says: "sbrilluccicare: (verb) shine at times, with rapid intermittent flashes of light".
I also found a site that helps with pronunciation: http://it.howtopronounce.com/italian/sbrilluccicante/

That's the word that I like pronouncing while looking at this:



Well, better looking at the whole thing:




Pattern is in 3 rounds, tatted with 2 shuttles CTM, it could be done in one pass, granted that 1ds is tatted like it's done in a split chain. I loaded 36 bugle beads in each shuttle.

Block tatting explained by Jane Eborall: http://janeeborall.freeservers.com/BlockTattingEasy.pdf

Center is tatted as though you do block tatting, I started with a paper clip, 1ds, a bugle bead (BB) and that's to have the thread ready for next round.


Each one of the 6 blocks is (starting from left): [1ds, short picot (*), 1ds, BB, 1ds; (lock join to picot in previous #, except that this is one picot at the very first block) 1 reverse stitch (=rs), short picot (#), 1rs, BB, 1rs, normal join to (*).] Repeat one more time.
At inner corners, I substituted the second (#) picot with a lock join to previous block. In the last block, the (#) is locked to the left picot in the very first block.
Pointed sections: 1d, BB, 1ds, picot, 1ds, BB and restart the block.


Second round:
- leave a mock picot, then for 5 times: [ 1ds, BB, 1ds, split ring:( 2 BB in the hand loop, 1ds, slide one BB from the shuttle then tat 1ds, picot, 1ds, then slide another BB from the shuttle and tat 1ds; for the second side of the split ring, tat 1ds, get one bead from the loop, 2ds, get the second BB and finish with 1ds. Close the split ring), 1ds, BB, 1ds, lock join to next pointed element of previous round].
- last element: 1ds, BB, 1ds, split ring:( 3 BB in the hand loop, 1ds, slide one BB from the shuttle then tat 1ds; for the second side of the split ring, tat 1ds, get one bead from the loop, 2ds, get the second bead and 1ds. With this same second shuttle: slide one BB in position, lock join to the starting point of this round, come back to the left of the BB and tat 1ds like you would do it in a split chain. Back to the split ring and tat 1ds, get the third BB from the loop and finish with 1ds. Close the split ring).

Third round: climb with a split ring 6d/6ds; then rings are all 6ds,join to previous round,6ds; chains are all 14ds. Pattern is easily adaptable, extending the chains' length, if necessary. Look at the next picture for reference:


Till now I've tatted 3 of these. They are not fast tatting but very sparkling!

Buon Natale!

Update: video added here:

Ninetta

Related posts

15 comments:

  1. Splendid word! And wonderful bugle bead tatting you're doing!! Thanks for showing us how it's done. I'm going to bookmark the page and come back to it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, yes I solved the puzzle correctly for once - am I not sbrilluccicante c-)
    You are Brilliant, Ninetta and happy holidays to you & family.
    :-* for sharing the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pattern, thank you sharing your gorgeous pattern
    I wish you and your family a very happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you for this word! I love it! I am slowly learning Italian and love so many of the sounds and words but this one, wow! And of course your tatting is wonderful, I like it even with just the first round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays to you Ninetta. Lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much everyone :X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally awesome!!!!!! I am saving this page and hoping in the new year to try this!! Thank you for sharing it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful but I think I forgot how to tat with 2 shuttles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thank you dear Gracie, you should only try and see if you really forgot

      Delete
  10. What a brilliant, sparkly snowflake! Definitely must try it for this year's Christmas gifts! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Holidays to You, Ninetta. Thanks so much for this lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta